From: Abbysmak on
I have a 36" Panasonic CT-36G23W TV which keeps on shutting off
intermittently. There is no picture or sound once it shuts off. I
have no LED lights in the front of the TV to give any type of diagnose
codes. It has been happening for months now and sometimes it will come
back on by itself within 5- 25 minutes. Other times, I knock the front
right end of it and it will turn back on. This is not always an
instant fix, it works 50% of the time. It may turn back on and then
immediately off or it may not turn on at all after several hits.

Can someone provide any insight into this issue? This has been posted
in several other forums but with no resolution at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ab

From: kip on
Dry joint someplace...
Pull out chassis and get the Mag Glass out and look for poor/bad solder
joints.
Very Common.
kip

From: David Naylor on
kip wrote:

> Dry joint someplace...
> Pull out chassis and get the Mag Glass out and look for poor/bad solder
> joints.
> Very Common.
> kip
>
> <Abbysmak(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have a 36" Panasonic CT-36G23W TV which keeps on shutting off
>>intermittently. There is no picture or sound once it shuts off. I
>>have no LED lights in the front of the TV to give any type of diagnose
>>codes. It has been happening for months now and sometimes it will come
>>back on by itself within 5- 25 minutes. Other times, I knock the front
>>right end of it and it will turn back on. This is not always an
>>instant fix, it works 50% of the time. It may turn back on and then
>>immediately off or it may not turn on at all after several hits.
>>
>>Can someone provide any insight into this issue? This has been posted
>>in several other forums but with no resolution at all.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>Ab

on that model there is what is called a DG board it is either stand up
or mounted on the chassic. a plug in board with a very well known plblem
of connector failure ... You can try to reseat it but is most likely
need the connectors replaced a 22, 23, 24
From: Abbysmak on
Thanks for the replies. So I am looking at either poor solder points
or loose connections of the DG board? Do you guys know of a reliable
online site where I can get the replacement parts I need? Also are
there online hardware manuals for this TV or similar so I can have a
reference to look at before I start opening up the TV and screwing
around in there?

From: Nate Scharff on

Abbysmak(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I have a 36" Panasonic CT-36G23W TV which keeps on shutting off
> intermittently. There is no picture or sound once it shuts off. I
> have no LED lights in the front of the TV to give any type of diagnose
> codes. It has been happening for months now and sometimes it will come
> back on by itself within 5- 25 minutes. Other times, I knock the front
> right end of it and it will turn back on. This is not always an
> instant fix, it works 50% of the time. It may turn back on and then
> immediately off or it may not turn on at all after several hits.
>
> Can someone provide any insight into this issue? This has been posted
> in several other forums but with no resolution at all.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ab

Do you have flourescent lights? they have been known to turn tvs on and
off.