From: S. B. Gray on
I am running a search through a large parameter space for a rare or
nonexistent object - I don't know which. This search could take weeks or
months of constant running. If it doesn't find the object I would just
keep it running until it seemed hopeless.

Given several processors I could assign each one a different part of the
search. They would not have to communicate with each other. If I had a
multiple processor system, could Mathematica assign parts of the search to
different processors? Would it do this automatically if I just started
two copies of Mathematica and gave each one a different part?

Thanks for any info.

Steve Gray