From: CLM on
I didn't get an answer in replication so I am posting this here:

We've got some big SS 2000-style partitioned views using traditional
horizontal partitioning that we want to migrate to the new SS 2005
partitioning. The underlying tables to the view are partitioned by date in
all cases and so each view holds 3-10 years of data with each table generally
being quarterly.

One nice thing is that when we have a replication issue and replication
breaks and needs to be reinitialized, we can specify just the most recent
table. In other words, if I have to reinitialize I only reinitialize the
latest quarter and not the other 20+ tables.

However, I have encountered a significant issue when I converted to 2005
partitioning. It doesn't look like you can replicate just one partition, so
if I have to reinitialize, that means I would have to reinitialize the entire
view. This is not practical as the views contain between 500 million and 2
billion rows.

Can someone help with this? I want to go to 2005 replication, but I need
some way to reinitialize just the latest partition. How can I do it?