From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro on
In message <7vbrveFegeU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Gregory Ewing wrote:

> If you need the same FILE * that Python is using, you
> may need to use ctypes to extract it out of the file
> object.

Why would Python be using a FILE *?
From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro on
In message <a83319d7-c199-4532-9816-
d002f7fd7914(a)q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, Zeeshan Quireshi wrote:

> Hello, I'm using ctypes to wrap a library i wrote. I am trying to pass
> it a FILE *pointer ...

Another option is to fix your library not to use stdio directly.
From: Robert Kern on
On 2010-03-10 15:57 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message<7vbrveFegeU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Gregory Ewing wrote:
>
>> If you need the same FILE * that Python is using, you
>> may need to use ctypes to extract it out of the file
>> object.
>
> Why would Python be using a FILE *?

In Python 2.x, Python's file objects use a stdio FILE* pointer underneath. The
I/O subsystem was rewritten in Python 3.x to use only file descriptors.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco