From: ELDANS on
I'm trying to use a macro to cut and past a date from a cell (which will have
various dates plugged into the cell) back into the macro directly. It works
great the first run as long as the cell information doesn't change. Then of
it doesn't self update the variable information from the cell on subsequent
runs. Being a newbee, how can I write this macro so it picks up the date
information from a specific cell so that when the macro is ran, it uses the
latest info in that cell each time? See below for what I've got so far which
won't update to new info from cell.

Range("B9:F9").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("BOM").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:="=4/20/2010", Operator:=xlAnd
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:="THG"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="DWG"
Range("D4:D2200").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Routing Sht 1").Select
Range("A14").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("BOM").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("G4:G2200").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Routing Sht 1").Select
Range("B14").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com
"ELDANS" <ELDANS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use a macro to cut and past a date from a cell (which will
> have
> various dates plugged into the cell) back into the macro directly. It
> works
> great the first run as long as the cell information doesn't change. Then
> of
> it doesn't self update the variable information from the cell on
> subsequent
> runs. Being a newbee, how can I write this macro so it picks up the date
> information from a specific cell so that when the macro is ran, it uses
> the
> latest info in that cell each time? See below for what I've got so far
> which
> won't update to new info from cell.
>

> Range("B9:F9").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Sheets("BOM").Select
> Selection.AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:="=4/20/2010", Operator:=xlAnd
> Selection.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:="THG"
> Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="DWG"
> Range("D4:D2200").Select
> Application.CutCopyMode = False
> Selection.Copy
> Sheets("Routing Sht 1").Select
> Range("A14").Select
> Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
> SkipBlanks _
> :=False, Transpose:=False
> Sheets("BOM").Select
> Application.CutCopyMode = False
> Range("G4:G2200").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Sheets("Routing Sht 1").Select
> Range("B14").Select
> Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
> SkipBlanks _
> :=False, Transpose:=False

Pages: 1
Prev: Dynamic VBA for dynamic Forms