From: DD on
I am sure there must be an easy way to temporarily disable the
screensaver and stop the computer going into hibernation or sleep modes!
I want to make it possible to watch a video file without having to keep
manually deactivating these functions. Can anyone help?

Dennis
From: Alan Edwards on
What application are you playing them with?
WMP 11 has an option "Allow screen saver during playback"
Uncheck that in WMP-Tools-Options-Player tab if using WMP

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:01:44 +1000, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers, DD <tobytoby50(a)hotmail.com>

From: DD on
Thanks for the quick reply! I am using VLC player mostly but I also use
other programs from time to time, I'm really looking for a windows
solution rather than a specific program solution.

Dennis

From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:01:44 +1000, DD <tobytoby50(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure there must be an easy way to temporarily disable the
>screensaver and stop the computer going into hibernation or sleep modes!
>I want to make it possible to watch a video file without having to keep
>manually deactivating these functions. Can anyone help?
>
>Dennis

I haven't tried this myself but it might be worth a go:-

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-shortcut-icon-to-disable-enable-the-screensaver/

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:01:44 +1000, DD <tobytoby50(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure there must be an easy way to temporarily disable the
>screensaver and stop the computer going into hibernation or sleep modes!
>I want to make it possible to watch a video file without having to keep
>manually deactivating these functions. Can anyone help?
>
>Dennis

Here is another one:-

http://trainedmonkey.com/projects/tarsier/

--