From: Manu Cap on
Hello,

I need a ruby script to be permanently up, but can't host it on my PC as
I must shut it down overnight.
Is there any (FREE) hosting solution that allows such operation ?

Thanks in advance ;)

From: Michael Fellinger on
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Manu Cap <darksniper2003(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need a ruby script to be permanently up, but can't host it on my PC as
> I must shut it down overnight.
> Is there any (FREE) hosting solution that allows such operation ?

http://gist.github.com

Or do you mean running it?

--
Michael Fellinger
CTO, The Rubyists, LLC

From: Sora Harakami on
On Jul 4, 2010, at 4:00 AM, Manu Cap <darksniper2003(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a ruby script to be permanently up, but can't host it on my PC as
> I must shut it down overnight.
> Is there any (FREE) hosting solution that allows such operation ?

Hmm, "hosting" is "distribute a script" or "host application (cgi or
rack?)"... i don't understand it.

so i write down two cases here.

distribute a script: Use dropbox's public folder (it can get public
http url) or http://gist.github.com
host application: if you using cgi app, sorry i don't know free
hosting service. ;-(
But i'm know rack hosting service in free. (rack app means sinatra, rails...)
It named heroku, it can use by here: http://heroku.com

--
Sora Harakami (iPad) - @sora_h
Blog: http://codnote.net

From: Manu Cap on
Hello and thanks for your informations.

Indeed, I didn't specify what kind of hosting i needed sorry.
In fact, I need my script to be run (as CGI) on a distant server.
It's not rails, it's a handwritten custom script.

I don't use rails yet but I'll take note of Heroku ^^.

From: Sora Harakami on
Hmm... Sorry, I'm japanese so i don't know web hosting space not in Japan...
Sorry. :-(

Sora Harakami - @sora_h
Blog: http://codnote.net/
Detail: http://sorah.cosmio.net/