From: VanguardLH on
Jack wrote:

> I am attempting to permanently change process priorities for certain
> apps on XP sp3 so that when I start them they start with a custom
> priority of my choosing rather than with the default priority of
> 'Normal' assigned by XP.
>
> I have tried both Prio and SetPriority, but neither app will permanently
> assign process priorities. When the app which is assigned a priority
> other than the default is closed and reopened, it reopens with the
> default priority of Normal rather than with the one of my choosing.
>
> I have .NET 2.0 installed, which is needed for SetPriority.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on why these apps might not be working? Would
> any particular service be needed to enable these process
> priority-setting apps to work correctly?
>
> Prio: http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html
>
> SetPriority: http://www.sunsplash.org/software/setpriority/

Here's something I used for awhile a couple years ago (but don't use anymore
but forget my reasons after all this time):

http://www.bitsum.com/prolasso.php

According to them, their free version includes "persistent priorities".

http://www.bitsum.com/prolasso_purchase.php
From: goofium on
If using Process Lasso, also set the 'Forced mode' option. These processes may be changing their own priority. Process Lasso correctly doesn't try to fight with such processes, so you must turn this option on. This is probably why Prio and SetPriority didn't work.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/Permanently-change-process-priority