From: Jim Seymour on
Pflogsumm version 1.1.3 has *finally* been released. This is a Beta
release.

>From the ChangeLog:

rel-1.1.3 20100320

Added long-awaited switches to optionally reduce detail reporting:
--bounce_detail=N, --deferral_detail=N, --reject_detail=N,
--smtp_detail=N, smtpd_warning_detail=N, and --detail=N. Setting
any of them to 0 suppresses that detail entirely. --detail=N sets
the default for all of them, as well as for -u=N and -h=N.

With the above enhancements, the following switches are depreciated,
and will eventually be removed: --no_bounce_detail,
--no_deferral_detail, --no_reject_detail and --no_smtpd_warnings.
They are replaced by setting the desired --*_detail=0. They still
work, but using them generates a warning.

Added support for parsing logs with RFC 3339 timestamps. Thanks
and a tip o' the hat to sftf-at-yandrex-dot-ru for the heads-up
and the code contribution. (N.B.: My code does not require a
command-line switch. The format is detected automatically.)

Fixed some --ignore-case inconsistincies. Thanks and a tip o'
the hat to Richard Blanchet (richard-dot-blanchet-at-free-dot-fr)
for the heads-up and the diff.

Fixed parsing bug that resulted in attempts to treat
kind-of-IPv4-looking strings as IPv4 addresses. (I really need to
improve reject/defer/etc. "reason" parsing to fix this properly.)
Thanks to Joseph Vit (jvit-at-certicon-dot-cz) for the bug
report.

Translators: I recommend you do NOT work on this release. Wait until
1.2.0 appears. This version is expected to become 1.2.0, unless
bug-fixes are required. The only change I currently have planned is
perhaps adding --user_detail and --host_detail, for consistency with
the other new --<blurfl>_detail=N switches.

Regards,
Jim

filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is

From: Jim Seymour on
> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 02:00:10 -0300
> From: Julio Cesar Covolato <julio(a)psi.com.br>
> To: Jim Seymour <jseymour(a)LinxNet.com>, owner-postfix-users(a)postfix.org
> Subject: Re: Pflogsumm Version 1.1.3 Released
>
> Hi Jim!
>
> Any improviment to suport the reinjection from amavisd?

Nope. If I had, it would've been mentioned in the ChangeLog.
As stated in Pflogsumm's FAQ #14: I was not able to make anything
work that didn't otherwise harm the output.

John Fawcett has created a Pflogsumm pre-processor/-filter that
he claims works. It's mentioned in that same FAQ. I've sent him
an individual heads-up, so he can synchronize his code with the
latest Pflogsumm release if he wishes. (His code I think won't
process RFC 3339 timestamps.)

Btw: I took a quick look, this morning, to see if it would
be feasible to integrate John's work directly into Pflogsumm.
Doesn't look like it--not without a major restructuring of Pflogsumm,
which is an effort I'm not willing to undertake at this time.

> Thanks

You're welcome.