First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Controlling changes in plpgsql variableresolution
Tom Lane wrote: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(a)dunslane.net> writes: Tom Lane wrote: (a) Nobody but me is afraid of the consequences of treating this as a GUC. (I still think you're all wrong, but so be it.) I can't say I'm happy about it. For one thing, the granularity seems all wrong. I'd... 9 Nov 2009 18:52
per table random-page-cost?
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM, marcin mank <marcin.mank(a)gmail.com> wrote: Currently random_page_cost is a GUC. I propose that this could be set per-table. I think this is a good idea for widely-wanted planner hints. This way You can say "I do NOT want this table to be index-scanned, because I know it i... 9 Nov 2009 19:59
Application name patch - v2
On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 12:58 +0100, Dave Page wrote: I think that covers all the suggestions discussed over the last couple of days, with the exception of the rejection of \n and similar characters which I'm still not entirely convinced is worth the effort. Any other opinions on that? Anything else that shou... 21 Oct 2009 12:38
Hot standby status
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 10:33 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote: There's been a lot of churn in hot standby since the beginning of the commitfest, so I thought it would be good to summarize where we are. Attached is the latest and greatest patch against CVS head, taken from the hs-riggs branch in my git r... 11 Nov 2009 09:00
Could regexp_matches be immutable?
Rod Taylor <rod.taylor(a)gmail.com> writes: I tried making a functional index based on an expression containing the 2 argument regexp_matches() function. Is there a reason why this function is not marked immutable instead of normal? regex_flavor affects its result. regards, tom lane -- Sent via pgs... 21 Oct 2009 13:45
[HACKERS] Privileges and inheritance
I would like to propose a change in the way privilege checking is done with inheritance hierarchies. Currently, selecting from a table that has children requires explicit privileges on all the children. This is inconsistent with all other commands, which treat children as implicitly part of the parent table. (Ar... 3 Oct 2009 03:29
LIMIT 1 == EXISTS optimization?
Richard Rowell <richard.rowell(a)gmail.com> writes: I'm no backend guru, so I was hoping someone could explain what the original query-plan was doing. If all you need to know is if a row exists, why loop over all 3M rows? It seems very simplistic to assume the a LIMIT 1 clause on the end of all EXISTS subqu... 2 Oct 2009 15:25
CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
Robert Haas wrote: - Hot Standby and Streaming Replication are both huge new features in this CommitFest, and there seems to be a fair amount of activity around both patches. Heikki previously expressed optimism about getting Hot Standby done this CommitFest, but I am not sure whether he is still feelin... 13 Nov 2009 08:48
Rejecting weak passwords
On 28 sep 2009, at 11.54, "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe(a)wien.gv.at> wrote: Dear hackers, I have been thinking about ways to have PostgreSQL reject weak passwords. I think the standard recommendation is "use PAM and LDAP", but that requires the user to change the password outside of Postgre... 19 Nov 2009 10:34
Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Hi! Below is from Brad Slinger. I'm just forwarding his message so that the review will be in the thread for the archives. (Sorry, Brad that I missed this earlier.. I thought you'd already replied to the list for some reason.) Brad says: Please forgive my top posting. Below is my patch review. T... 23 Nov 2009 09:37