From: vippstar on
Hello group. After a short break I want to write a lisp application
again. I'm thinking of a 2D universe with spheres. Actions will be:
create a sphere or delete it, and start/pause the universe. Each
sphere will have its radius, mass and initial velocity and the only
force will be gravity (I imagine something like (make-universe 100)
for a universe with G=100 for the gravitational constant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant). That's all of
it, and I have no trouble doing the actual coding, but I'm not sure if
there's a nice design behind this idea I could use (perhaps using
CLOS). Also, the only library I have in mind is SDL.

Another thing: I've switched to xubuntu recently and I'm not using
emacs/slime anymore (I'll do something about it soon). But for the
quick hack I mentioned above, an IDE to use?
From: Asgeir on
vippstar <vippstar(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Hello group. After a short break I want to write a lisp application
> again. I'm thinking of a 2D universe with spheres. Actions will be:
> create a sphere or delete it, and start/pause the universe. Each
> sphere will have its radius, mass and initial velocity and the only
> force will be gravity (I imagine something like (make-universe 100)
> for a universe with G=100 for the gravitational constant
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant). That's all of
> it, and I have no trouble doing the actual coding, but I'm not sure if
> there's a nice design behind this idea I could use (perhaps using
> CLOS). Also, the only library I have in mind is SDL.
>
> Another thing: I've switched to xubuntu recently and I'm not using
> emacs/slime anymore (I'll do something about it soon). But for the
> quick hack I mentioned above, an IDE to use?

If you're looking for a good SDL bindings, you can try lispbuilder-sdl
which is even easier than SDL itself.
--
Asgeir