From: Aahz on
In article <4BE05D75.7030301(a)msn.com>,
Rouslan Korneychuk <rouslank(a)msn.com> wrote:

>The only question I have now is what about licensing? Is that something
>I need to worry about? Should I go with LGPL, MIT, or something else?

Which license you use depends partly on your political philosophy.
Unless you have an aggressively Stallmanesque attitude that people using
your code should be forced to contribute back any changes, stick with
MIT. (Generally speaking, the less encumbrance in your code, the more
likely people are to use it, if your goal is to encourage users.)
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

--Bill Harlan
From: Rouslan Korneychuk on
On 05/06/2010 04:22 PM, Aahz wrote:
> In article<4BE05D75.7030301(a)msn.com>,
> Rouslan Korneychuk<rouslank(a)msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> The only question I have now is what about licensing? Is that something
>> I need to worry about? Should I go with LGPL, MIT, or something else?
>
> Which license you use depends partly on your political philosophy.
> Unless you have an aggressively Stallmanesque attitude that people using
> your code should be forced to contribute back any changes, stick with
> MIT. (Generally speaking, the less encumbrance in your code, the more
> likely people are to use it, if your goal is to encourage users.)

MIT it is, then.