From: al on
Is there a knowledgeable Pidgin user in the group? Trying for 2 days to
figure out how to delete all conversation logs in version 2.7.2. Any
help appreciated. Thank you.
From: dadiOH on
al wrote:
> Is there a knowledgeable Pidgin user in the group? Trying for 2 days
> to figure out how to delete all conversation logs in version 2.7.2. Any
> help appreciated. Thank you.

Eh, bra, I'm guessing you don't mean da kine Hawaii pidgin, right? :)

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Martin Jay on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:19:59 -0400, al <al(a)nospam.net> wrote:

>Is there a knowledgeable Pidgin user in the group? Trying for 2 days to
>figure out how to delete all conversation logs in version 2.7.2. Any
>help appreciated. Thank you.

I use the portable version of Pidgin, see
<http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/pidgin_portable>.

There doesn't appear to be any way to delete all conversations from
within Pidgin, but you can navigate to the conversation logs directory
and delete them there.

The location of the logs will vary depending on your OS. Perhaps the
quickest way to find them is to right click on a contact, choose the
'View Log' option, then hit the 'Browse log folder button at the
bottom left.
--
Martin Jay
From: al on
Martin Jay wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:19:59 -0400, al <al(a)nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a knowledgeable Pidgin user in the group? Trying for 2 days to
>> figure out how to delete all conversation logs in version 2.7.2. Any
>> help appreciated. Thank you.
>
> I use the portable version of Pidgin, see
> <http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/pidgin_portable>.
>
> There doesn't appear to be any way to delete all conversations from
> within Pidgin, but you can navigate to the conversation logs directory
> and delete them there.
>
> The location of the logs will vary depending on your OS. Perhaps the
> quickest way to find them is to right click on a contact, choose the
> 'View Log' option, then hit the 'Browse log folder button at the
> bottom left.

thank you, done!