From: David W. Fenton on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I don't see a way to
>>determine what hotfixes are applied, other than by checking the
>>version of files that are specifically described in the hotfix.
>
> Likewise.

My startup logging code records the version of MSACCESS.EXE and
MSJET##.DLL. I guess I'd have to update it for A2007 and up to deal
with ACE, but I think that the build numbers of those two files
ought to be sufficient to determine service pack level.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Allen Browne on
FWIW, here's what I use to get the Access version:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53code.html#GetAccessVersion
and the JET version, David:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53code.html#GetJetVersion

That's enough to know the SP, but does not necessarily indicate which
particular hotfixes have been applied.

From: David W. Fenton on
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.invalid> wrote in

> FWIW, here's what I use to get the Access version:
> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53code.html#GetAccessVersion
> and the JET version, David:
> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53code.html#GetJetVersion
>
> That's enough to know the SP, but does not necessarily indicate
> which particular hotfixes have been applied.

No, but there's no central location for that. Basically, you have to
look at the details for the hotfix download, which usually lists the
files updated and the version numbers. You can then compare the
build number for your installation to what the hotfix details
article says.

BTW, others may not know that the first digit of the build for the
Jet DLL indicates the service pack number. Not so for MSACCESS.EXE,
though.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/