From: Walle Wallen on
I have a strange problem. The script posted at the end off this post is
not working properly on one of my computers. If I run it alone, it works
just fine, but not inside one of my scripts. The script works fine on
all other computers that I have tested. Do anyone now what could be
causing this.

//Walle

It raises the following exception:
"Exception `SocketError' at ./Handlers/ServerStatusHandler.rb:125 -
getaddrinfo: Name or service not known"'

The script:
def pingecho(host, timeout=5, service="echo")
begin
timeout(timeout) do
s = TCPSocket.new(host, service)
s.close
end
rescue Errno::ECONNREFUSED
return true
rescue Timeout::Error, StandardError
return false
end
return true
end

From: Markus Schirp on
For me it seems that your failing computer is unable to resolv the ip
address of your target host. DNS misconfiguration.

Try to lookup the host with your operating systems tools like nslookup,
dig, od dnsip.

--

Markus

From: Walle Wallen on
Markus Schirp wrote:
> For me it seems that your failing computer is unable to resolv the ip
> address of your target host. DNS misconfiguration.
>
> Try to lookup the host with your operating systems tools like nslookup,
> dig, od dnsip.
>
> --
>
> Markus

Hey Markus,
thanks for your response.

The thing is that the script works as intended when I run it outside,
alone in a .rb file, but not inside one
of my scripts. The script works as intended on all my computers but one,
which raises that exception.
It's really strange.

From: Walle Wallen on
I'm sorry, did a small mistake. It works now.
Thanks

//Walle