From: mws on
Hi , bit of a novice at this and desperately in need of some help.

I have a large worksheet full of data and most of it I can get sorted using
pivot tables but I want to be able to dynamically re-arrange stuff.

let say I have list of accounts, each account has varying number of request
id's associated. Each munth I want to be able to pick from a drop down list a
customers name and see their top 5 issues.

So far all I have been able to do is get their names in order, and i have
also been able to get the drop down list but getting their request list is
not proving to be easy.

Anyone able to hgelp on this?

--
Mike S
From: mattg on

By "top 5 issues" do you mean the 5 issues or codes that appear most
frequently?

From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Maybe the following would help
Put Account as a Page item
Request Id as a Row item and then click on advanced for Request>click To
10 autoshow>on>Select top 5
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Simon Lloyd on

mws;703676 Wrote:

Hi , bit of a novice at this and desperately in need of some help.

I have a large worksheet full of data and most of it I can get sorted
using
pivot tables but I want to be able to dynamically re-arrange stuff.

let say I have list of accounts, each account has varying number of
request
id's associated. Each munth I want to be able to pick from a drop down
list a
customers name and see their top 5 issues.

So far all I have been able to do is get their names in order, and i
have
also been able to get the drop down list but getting their request list
is
not proving to be easy.

Anyone able to hgelp on this?

--
Mike S

Couldn't you just do this on the original data page by using
autofilters, then filter for the name you want to see and in the id
column filter by TOP 10 and change that to 5?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd