From: ab on
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to place a simple
message from within T-SQL into my Outbox of Outlook (not Outlook
Express) on the same machine? I have SQL Server 7, I don't have an
Exchange server and I haven't setup Mail in SQL Server.

Any help will be appreciated.
From: Sorna on
I think you can write a code or small exe with outlook API's and call it
using xp_cmdshell in the T-Sql code

But enabling xp_cmdshell is not advisable as it can cause security risks to
the server or the machine

From: TheSQLGuru on
There is a bunch of stuff in a flavor of Visual Studio exposing all kinds of
APIs for Microsoft Office Suite of products. Other poster recommended
xp_cmdshell, but I would recommend the CLR instead.

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.