From: Sandra on
I got this very old prg with my first scanner and was able to install and
run it on all the OS I since then used (W95, W98 and Me), but unable to make
it work on XP Home Ed.

Since I really love the prg. I would highly appreciate if anybody could help
me to install it on XP-Home Ed. I saw that XP has an option to try making
older proggies running on XP, and tried this, but with no result.

I have a newer version of the Prg (also got it with a newer scanner), but it
is rubbish, not worth to look at it, compared with the old version. Please
forgive if this is OT. I think it is freeware, but I don't know if it suits
into the categories discussed here...

Thanks in advance,
Sandra

From: Renan on
At date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:07:30 -0000, Sandra (sei2004(a)sapo.pt) wrote
in article <43b158c7$0$1736$a729d347(a)news.telepac.pt>, for newsgroup
alt.comp.freeware:
> I got this very old prg with my first scanner and was able to install and
> run it on all the OS I since then used (W95, W98 and Me), but unable to make
> it work on XP Home Ed.

I have it (came with my scanner) and I remember getting it to work in
Windows XP Professional.

I don't think it is freeware, though.

--
Thanks, Renan(tm) - Canoas, RS, Brazil.

"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics.
I can assure you mine are still greater." (Albert Einstein)
From: John Corliss on
Sandra wrote:
> I got this very old prg with my first scanner and was able to install and
> run it on all the OS I since then used (W95, W98 and Me), but unable to make
> it work on XP Home Ed.
>
> Since I really love the prg. I would highly appreciate if anybody could help
> me to install it on XP-Home Ed. I saw that XP has an option to try making
> older proggies running on XP, and tried this, but with no result.
>
> I have a newer version of the Prg (also got it with a newer scanner), but it
> is rubbish, not worth to look at it, compared with the old version. Please
> forgive if this is OT. I think it is freeware, but I don't know if it suits
> into the categories discussed here...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sandra

Sandra, you will have much better luck asking your question in one of
the following groups :

Most likely though, your program is simply one of those that doesn't
work with XP. I have a couple of those myself. By the way, apparently
that program has been given away, but you had to fill out a survey at
the site I saw.

Rather than using that old program, why don't you take a look at this site:

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/categories/6/

and see if you can find something better?

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls and other such idiots. No adware, cdware,
From: vern on
In article <43b158c7$0$1736$a729d347(a)news.telepac.pt>, sei2004(a)sapo.pt
says...
> I got this very old prg with my first scanner and was able to install and
> run it on all the OS I since then used (W95, W98 and Me), but unable to make
> it work on XP Home Ed.

Here http://rapidshare.de/files/9966571/mgi_1.06.rar.html is a copy of
MGI PhotoSuite SE V. 1.06. It works just fine on my XP Home box. There
is an ISO image inside the rar file. Just extract the ISO from the rar
and burn it.
From: vern on