From: �� on
Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I don't
know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I do?

From: Greg Russell on
In news:e7vWm8wzKHA.244(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
�� <H> typed:

> Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And
> I don't know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can
> I do?

Put the flash disk in a rubber, and DON'T KISS!

From: Jim on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:12:04 +0800, "��" <H> wrote:

>Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I don't
>know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I do?

Run the computers virus scan ?
From: Mark Adams on

"Àî" wrote:

> Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I don't
> know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I do?

I assume you are worried about bringing malware back to your computer from
the infected flash drive. Boot your computer with a Knoppix disk and reformat
the flash drive FAT 32 before you allow the machine to boot into Windows.
From: glee on
"��" <H> wrote in message news:e7vWm8wzKHA.244(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I
> don't know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I
> do?

This will help:

a.. Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your
desktop:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com//sUBs/Flash_Disinfector.exe

b.. Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any
prompts that may appear.

Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some
sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings

c.. The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other
removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the
utility to clean up those drives as well.

d.. Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.

e.. Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in
each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't
delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future
infection.

(from:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t229158.html)

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+