From: tanaka on
Dear all.

I investigate about NMI kernel messages.
Linux kernel read 0x61 address using inb(61h).

I search a amd opteron cpu following manuals.
but I do not find explanation of 0x61 address.

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=2.1.4&contentType=Tech+Doc+Processor&ostype=&keywords=&items=20

Could you teach me a 0x61 address of X86 arch >

Best regards.

From: Randy Dunlap on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:00:36 +0900 (JST) tanaka wrote:

> Dear all.
>
> I investigate about NMI kernel messages.
> Linux kernel read 0x61 address using inb(61h).
>
> I search a amd opteron cpu following manuals.
> but I do not find explanation of 0x61 address.
>
> http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=2.1.4&contentType=Tech+Doc+Processor&ostype=&keywords=&items=20
>
> Could you teach me a 0x61 address of X86 arch >

Hi,

IO port 0x61 (NMI Status & Control register) is not CPU-specific on x86.
It's more of a platform thing.

Intel describes it in ICH (chipset) specs, e.g., ICH7 spec,
section 10.7.1. Please try that and see if it answers your questions.

---
~Randy
From: tanaka on
Good evening. Dear all.

I appreciate your responses.
We use AMD CPU machine.

For example,
http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4100/arch-wp.pdf

In Figure 1-1 block diagram (page 10) ,
which device is mapped 0x61 address in ?

From: Randy Dunlap on
On 07/22/10 10:57, tanaka wrote:
> Good evening. Dear all.
>
> I appreciate your responses.
> We use AMD CPU machine.
>
> For example,
> http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4100/arch-wp.pdf
>
> In Figure 1-1 block diagram (page 10) ,
> which device is mapped 0x61 address in ?

I can't tell from that block diagram. I tried to see if 0x61 is part of
the AMD-8111 chipset, but it seems that they have removed all downloads
from that web page
(http://www.amd.com/us/products/embedded/chipsets/Pages/other-embedded-chipset-products.aspx,
last 3 links are bad).

I would expect 0x61 to be part of the 8111 or possibly 8132 chipset.

--
~Randy