From: Simone.Cerica on
Il 14/04/2010 8.58, Andreas M�ller ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
>> A circuit simulator is a very challenging project, but this program is
>> really necessary. I would be willing to pay � 50 :) !
> Since EEpro for the 50G is probably never going to be released, I
> could produce a dataset of equations (from the TI manual, I do not
> think that anybody has a copyright on Ohm�s Law) so that at least the
> equation functionallity of EEpro will be back for the 50G. If
> translators can be found this database could also be translated to
> Spanish, French or whatever. A circuit simulator would be a second
> step.
>
> This will be a huge task as there are a *lot* of equations to port
> which is cumbersome and time consuming. For reading/using the dataset
> you would need the TB which is not free but is not very expensive as
> the email version (� 20 including the translation) and allows a lot of
> additional stuff on the 50G.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
> http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

I think it's a great idea! :)

supergems

From: Simone.Cerica on
Il 13/04/2010 12.18, Bart ha scritto:
> @supergems
> I see EEPro is available as a free download for TI89 users on the TI
> calc website
> (http://education.ti.com/educationportal/downloadcenter/
> SoftwareDetail.do?website=US&tabId=1&appId=247).
> Do you perhaps know the difference between that and the circuit4 you
> mentioned before (i.e. why would one pay for circuit4 vs the free
> EEPro)?
>
> Regards,
> Bart

To understand just read the features of Circuit4 ;) :

http://www.noatechnologies.com/about_circuit4.html
http://www.noatechnologies.com/circuit4_examples.html

supergems
From: Veli-Pekka.Nousiainen on
Andreas M�ller wrote:

> > All of that and running on coin cells. . . will run for a minimum 2
> > years before needing a battery change.
> Good one.
> What you forgot was development time for HW and SW in less than 3
> month.
>
> Too bad that there is something called "reality" even if this is
> completly ignored by VPN and hpextreme ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
> http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

I don't think so
I think I will have a HP 50g emulator on a iPAQ or a smart-phone
HP could easily produce a machine with calc keys and aquire both RPL/2
and xCas
about the coins cells - nobody mentioned that one needs just about 20 of
those...
From: Jacob Wall on
On 18/04/2010 5:58 PM, Dave Hayden wrote:
> On Apr 5, 3:53 am, Andreas M�ller<andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
> Ditto for the soft keys when shifted. I'd love it if pressing a shift
> key changed the labels on the soft keys to show what would happen. For
> example, in he VAR menu, pressing right-shift and a soft key will
> recall the variable to the stack. Pressing left-shift stores the
> stack to the variable. But how can a casual user remember whether
> they're about to recall their precious program, or blow it away with
> the contents of the stack? Pressing left-shift could change a label
> for XYZ into ->XYZ. Pressing right-shift would change it to XYZ->.

That is an excellent idea IMO, something like that would have saved me
some headaches when I first started using the 49g+.

Of course after some costly mistakes one learns to be careful, however
there was a few instances when I meant to press the Right Shift but hit
the Left Shift key instead, what a great feeling that was when it happened.

Jacob