From: Predictor on
That is false. It is quite possible to implement fuzzy logic
analytically, meaning that exact, as opposed to discretely approximated
results could be achieved. I'm not sure why any of this matters, but
it is certainly possible.

-Will Dwinnell
http://will.dwinnell.com

From: Jussi Jumppanen on
Willem wrote:

> But *implementation* of fuzzy logic implies discrete values,
> and therefore applicability of binary.

From what I have read of fuzzy logic it is all about shades
of gray.

If this is the case there is definitely no room for the black
and white of binary logic.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows Editor (New version 3.95 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl folding editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com
From: Willem on
Jussi wrote:
) Willem wrote:
)
)> But *implementation* of fuzzy logic implies discrete values,
)> and therefore applicability of binary.
)
) From what I have read of fuzzy logic it is all about shades
) of gray.
)
) If this is the case there is definitely no room for the black
) and white of binary logic.

Besides the fact that there is a difference between 'binary' and
'binary logic', there is, in fact, plenty of room for binary logic.

Let's assume, for example, that we're implementing 256 shades of grey.
Then each value can be represented by 8 boolean values, and each
operation on one, two, or more grey-values can be represented by
a set of operations on 8, 16, or more boolean values.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT
From: Predictor on
Jussi Jumppanen wrote:
> From what I have read of fuzzy logic it is all about shades
> of gray.
>
> If this is the case there is definitely no room for the black
> and white of binary logic.

Why? From this perspective, black and white are shades of gray.

-Will Dwinnell
http://will.dwinnell.com

From: Robert C. Martin on
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:46:24 +1000, Jussi Jumppanen
<jussij(a)zeusedit.com> wrote:

>Willem wrote:
>
>> But *implementation* of fuzzy logic implies discrete values,
>> and therefore applicability of binary.
>
>From what I have read of fuzzy logic it is all about shades
>of gray.

Sort of. Fuzzy logic is 'set' logic where objects have 'partial'
membership in sets. So, Captain Kirk is an 85% member of the set of
all good guys, and a 15% member of the set of all bad guys.

-----
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) | email: unclebob(a)objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc. | blog: www.butunclebob.com
The Agile Transition Experts | web: www.objectmentor.com
800-338-6716

"The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom,
but to set a limit to infinite error."
-- Bertolt Brecht, Life of Galileo
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Next: Use Case Point Estimation