From: haoxiang on
>Rune Allnor wrote:

>I would suggest he run his experiment with an idealized subject -
> a pendulum.
>
>A Google search for his accelerometer would also prove
>informative (I tried it)

I have tried placing the accelerometer on a flat ground and measure the
accelerations and double integrate to obtain position estimate. Since
initial acceleration is unknown i assume as 0. With this setup, i still
obtain a significant error in position estimate after elapsed time of 1
min.

Even with a pendulum, i would assume the drift error would be the same? I
need some method to calibrate the measurement i guess.

For eg, since when accelerometer is placed on flat ground there should be
no position displacement hence i should calibrate the error result with 0
or something along that line?

Regards,
Hao Xiang