From: Wietse Venema on 8 Jun 2010 10:08
An on-line version of this announcement is available at
Postfix legacy release 2.6.7 contains fixes that are also included
with Postfix 2.7 (stable release) and Postfix 2.8 (experimental
NOTE: Postfix versions 2.3 and earlier are no longer updated.
NOTE: Postfix versions 2.4 and 2.5 are updated only for bugfixes
or critical problems.
* Bugfix (introduced Postfix 2.6) in the XFORWARD implementation,
which sends remote SMTP client attributes through SMTP-based
content filters. The Postfix SMTP client did not skip "unknown"
SMTP client attributes, causing a syntax error when sending
an "unknown" client PORT attribute.
* Robustness: skip LDAP queries with non-ASCII search strings,
instead of failing with a database lookup error.
* Portability: OpenSSL 1.0.0 changes the priority of anonymous
* Portability: Mac OS 10.6.3 requires <arpa/nameser_compat.h>
instead of <nameser8_compat.h>.
* Portability: Berkeley DB 5.x is now supported.
The source code is available from
ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/index.html and from
the mirrors listed at http://www.postfix.org/download.html.