From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:59:15PM +0200, Cyril Vieville wrote:

> I made some modifications in the Postfix configuration.
>

> /etc/postfix/main.cf :
> mydestination = localhost, localhost.test.com, localhost.testing.com
> relay_domains = fr.design.test.com, test.com, testing.com

If your domain is local, by making it a relay_domain, you lose recipient
validation, unless you duplicate /etc/passwd and /etc/aliases into a
relay_recipient_maps table. Not doing recipient validation is bad for
the health of your queue and bad for your spam reputation (lots of
spam backscatter).

If the domain is formerly a local domain, use:

virtual(5)
aliases(5)
or
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mailbox_transport_maps

to rewrite or reroute some local recipients to the MSFT Exchange server.

The last option requires that any users whose "local" system account is no
longer present in the servers passwd file be added to local_recipient_maps
by using $mailbox_transport_maps directly, or by building both
mailbox_transport_maps and a component of local_recipient_maps from a
common data source.

I strongly recommend virtual(5). Ideally the MSFT Exchange server is
configured with an internal domain for which it is fully authoritative,
and users are given proxyAddresses in that domain in addition to their
primary external address. The virtual(5) table then rewrites into the
internal domain, which is routed exclusively to Exchange.

> test.com local
> testing.com local

This is generally not a good idea. Local domains should be listed in
mydestination.

> But I encounter the problem of authentication. It seems that I need to
> authenticate Postfix to Exchange 2007 for the migrated users to receive an
> email and

This is an Exchange misconfiguration, and this is not the right place
to ask for help with that. Exchange should accept mail for its own
users without authentication, but you can limit the IP addresses from
which it will accept mail if you wish.

--
Viktor.