From: Wietse Venema on
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:27:06PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> If I recall correctly, the wrapper program needs to be installed
> set-uid, and it needs to be configured at compile time with the
> right uid/gid information.

Ruben Safir:
> I made it SIUD and the wrapper config-test seems to believe everything
> is working. But it is still failing.

Of course it is failing, because you are fixing it by hand.

YOU have a majordomo configuration error.

THIS is the Postfix mailing list.

Wietse

From: Ruben Safir on
On 01/22/2010 05:22 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:27:06PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
>
>> If I recall correctly, the wrapper program needs to be installed
>> set-uid, and it needs to be configured at compile time with the
>> right uid/gid information.
>>
> Ruben Safir:
>
>> I made it SIUD and the wrapper config-test seems to believe everything
>> is working. But it is still failing.
>>
> Of course it is failing, because you are fixing it by hand.
>
> YOU have a majordomo configuration error.
>
> THIS is the Postfix mailing list.
>
> Wietse
>
> .

Thanks. It was initially installed by openSUSE11.2 ...I'm trying to fix
what was working by hand. But my first problem is
trying to understand what postfix is telling me or how I can get postfix
to tell me more.

Ruben

From: Ruben Safir on
On 01/22/2010 01:18 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:10:51PM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
>

>> Aliases look like this
>>
>> majordomo: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
>>
> This script will run as "nobody" unless a non-root user owns the
> "aliases.db" file from which this alias is read.
>
> All tutorials on integrating list manager delivery scripts with
> Postfix via local aliases(5) describe how to add a secondary
> aliases file owned by the right user.
>
> Another alternative is a dedicated transport, with the user
> specified in the pipe(8) argument list.

Could you be kind enough to point me to the FAQs? Nothing I've read so far
is helping me understand the problem.

Ruben

From: "Daniel V. Reinhardt" on
> On 01/22/2010 05:22 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:27:06PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >
> >> If I recall correctly, the wrapper program needs to be installed
> >> set-uid, and it needs to be configured at compile time with the
> >> right uid/gid information.
> >>
> > Ruben Safir:
> >
> >> I made it SIUD and the wrapper config-test seems to believe everything
> >> is working. But it is still failing.
> >>
> > Of course it is failing, because you are fixing it by hand.
> >
> > YOU have a majordomo configuration error.
> >
> > THIS is the Postfix mailing list.
> >
> > Wietse
> >
> > .
> >

> Thanks. It was initially installed by openSUSE11.2 ...I'm trying to fix
> what was working by hand. But my first problem is
> trying to understand what postfix is telling me or how I can get postfix
> to tell me more.
>
> Ruben

It would help if you posted the log messages you receive along with the information provided here: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html.

After you do that then we can try and help you.

Thanks,
Daniel

From: Wietse Venema on
Ruben Safir:
> On 01/22/2010 05:22 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:27:06PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >
> >> If I recall correctly, the wrapper program needs to be installed
> >> set-uid, and it needs to be configured at compile time with the
> >> right uid/gid information.
> >>
> > Ruben Safir:
> >
> >> I made it SIUD and the wrapper config-test seems to believe everything
> >> is working. But it is still failing.
> >>
> > Of course it is failing, because you are fixing it by hand.
> >
> > YOU have a majordomo configuration error.
> >
> > THIS is the Postfix mailing list.
>
> Thanks. It was initially installed by openSUSE11.2 ...I'm trying
> to fix what was working by hand. But my first problem is trying
> to understand what postfix is telling me or how I can get postfix
> to tell me more.

You should to install the program from package, instead of trying
to fix things by hand.

However, if you insist on fixing things by hand, then you don't
need Postfix to debug the program.

Simply run the "/some/where/wrapper majordomo..." command by hand,
with standard input connected to a file that contains an email
message in UNIX mbox format.

Majordomo is a Perl script, so you can debug it with all the standard
Perl debugging features.

This discussion is no longer appropriate for the Postfix mailing
list, so this is my last post.

Wietse