From: LuKreme on
I have been using mxtoolbox.com recently to monitor my server and I notice that most of the alerts I get are for times when the server is not, in fact, offline. It looks like maybe postfix just isn't answering (or answering fast enough?)

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

MXToolBox.com detected the change at: 3/10/2010 5:17:43 AM CT
Timeout occurred due to inactivity. : Start

DomainName: example.net
IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
Server Type: Unknown)
Last Banner: Timeout occurred due to inactivity. : Start

Looking at maillog I see nothing at all:

Mar 10 04:17:36 mail spamd[6081]: spamd: timeout: (300 second timeout while trying to PROCESS)
Mar 10 04:17:47 mail postfix/smtpd[6140]: initializing the server-side TLS engine

(the time codes are not off, I am in MT, the check is in CT, so 04:17 for me is 05:17 for them)

I am posting in their forums as well, but I thought I would double check if anyone here knew anything about this.

--
I SAW NOTHING UNUSUAL IN THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE Bart chalkboard Ep. 8F17

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* LuKreme <kremels(a)kreme.com>:

> I have been using mxtoolbox.com recently to monitor my server and I
> notice that most of the alerts I get are for times when the server is
> not, in fact, offline. It looks like maybe postfix just isn't answering
> (or answering fast enough?)

I'm also using it. No problems so far.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt