From: fred.schnittke on
Hi:

I've a question about setting up postfix in a chroot on a Linux RHEL5
setup. I'm using the RedHat package of postfix (Version 2.3.3) which was
installed with the RedHat install. Everything is working fine, but now I
want to chroot it. On the Postfix website, it says:

"In order to enable chroot operation, edit the file /etc/postfix/master.cf
, and follow instructions in the file "

There aren't any instructions in there.....

I went through master.cf anyway, and converted the n's to y's (in the
chroot column), then issued the "postfix reload" command. And obviously,
now I have problems.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone point me to documentation for my distro, on how to chroot
postfix?
2. If SELINUX is running, is it even necessary to chroot postfix?

Note: This postfix system is only acting as a smtp gateway....

Regards,

Fred Schnittke
From: Eero Volotinen on
2010/6/9 <fred.schnittke(a)vpcl.on.ca>:
> Hi:
>
> I've a question about setting up postfix in a chroot on a Linux RHEL5 setup.
> I'm using the RedHat package of postfix (Version 2.3.3) which was installed
> with the RedHat install. Everything is working fine, but now I want to
> chroot it. On the Postfix website, it says:
>
> "In order to enable chroot operation, edit the file /etc/postfix/master.cf,
> and follow instructions in the file "
>
> There aren't any instructions in there.....
>
> I went through master.cf anyway, and converted the n's to y's (in the chroot
> column), then issued the "postfix reload" command. And obviously, now I have
> problems.
>
> So, I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Can anyone point me to documentation for my distro, on how to chroot
> postfix?

try google

> 2. If SELINUX is running, is it even necessary to chroot postfix?
>
> Note: This postfix system is only acting as a smtp gateway....

Well, postfix is safe without chroot.

--
Eero