Prev: qmgr dsn=5.1.3, status=bounced (bad address syntax) for a RFC822 compliant email address
Next: Access based on client cert attributes?
From: Wietse Venema on 23 Mar 2010 10:13
[An on-line version of this announcement will be available at
Postfix legacy releases 2.6.6, 2.5.10 and 2.4.14 contain fixes that
were already included with Postfix 2.7 (stable release) and Postfix
2.8 (experimental release).
NOTE: Postfix 2.3 is no longer updated.
Defects fixed with Postfix 2.6.6 only (more in the next section):
- "postmulti -p command" did not skip disabled instances.
- In the multi_instance_wrapper parameter, the expansion of
$command_directory and $daemon_directory was broken.
- The address_verify_poll_count parameter value was not made
stress-dependent by default. This defeated the purpose of making
other settings stress-dependent by default with Postfix 2.6.
Defects fixed with Postfix 2.6.6, 2.5.10, 2.4.14:
- Milter applications would hang up after receiving an unexpected
SMFIC_HEADER (mail header) command. This problem happened with
Milters that (legitimately) do not send replies for SMFIC_RCPT
(recipient address) or SMFIC_DATA (start of message) commands.
- Core dump while an printing error message for a malformed %<letter>
sequence in LDAP, MySQL or PostgreSQL lookup table configuration.
- Mail with zero recipients was forever stuck in the queue. This
happened when "postsuper -r" was run after all the recipients of
a message were delivered (or bounced), but before the message was
deleted from the queue.
- With hostnames such as 1-2-3-4, the valid_hostname() fuction did
not recognize the '-' as a non-numeric character, causing a
legitimate name to be rejected as "invalid".
- The VRFY command did not accept a mailbox address inside <>.
You can find the source code and patches at the mirrors listed at