From: Etienne von Wettingfeld on
Yesterday I unboxed my C64 model C and to me relief it still worked
(couldn't find a monitor cable, but lucky I also have an old black &
white TV set).

In the attic I have 3 original model C64s. They may or may not work and
I want to find out.

I'm pretty sure the power adapter of the C model would work on the
original models, but is there a possibility a broken C64 might damage my
power adapter?

If I do some more digging I should be able to find some original power
adapters. If they are broken could they damage a working C64?

I'd love to know!

--
Etienne von Wettingfeld [Mac OS X Snow Leopard]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/etiennewettingfeld
From: Payton Byrd on
On Jun 2, 6:39 am, Etienne von Wettingfeld
<etie...(a)xs4none.nl.invalid> wrote:
> Yesterday I unboxed my C64 model C and to me relief it still worked
> (couldn't find a monitor cable, but lucky I also have an old black &
> white TV set).
>
> In the attic I have 3 original model C64s. They may or may not work and
> I want to find out.
>
> I'm pretty sure the power adapter of the C model would work on the
> original models, but is there a possibility a broken C64 might damage my
> power adapter?
>
> If I do some more digging I should be able to find some original power
> adapters. If they are broken could they damage a working C64?

A bad power supply will definitely kill a 64, so since you have one
that you know is working you should stick with it.
From: Etienne von Wettingfeld on
In article
<4d0247d9-1062-44d7-a3e2-e7a5ba2e3172(a)l6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
Payton Byrd <plbyrd(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 6:39�am, Etienne von Wettingfeld
> <etie...(a)xs4none.nl.invalid> wrote:
> > Yesterday I unboxed my C64 model C and to me relief it still worked
> > (couldn't find a monitor cable, but lucky I also have an old black &
> > white TV set).
> >
> > In the attic I have 3 original model C64s. They may or may not work and
> > I want to find out.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the power adapter of the C model would work on the
> > original models, but is there a possibility a broken C64 might damage my
> > power adapter?
> >
> > If I do some more digging I should be able to find some original power
> > adapters. If they are broken could they damage a working C64?
> >
> A bad power supply will definitely kill a 64, so since you have one
> that you know is working you should stick with it.

Thank you!