From: retread on
Nevermind... just had a senior moment. I remember now.... I deselected
AutoUpdate, shut down, restarted and then manually installed the update, then
reset Autoupdate to ON. Seems to have solved the problem.... at least
Autoupdate doesn't keep wanting to install it endlessly. I sure wish
Microsoft Update would fix this bug.
--
retread: Just another senior getting re-capped

From: retread on
I spoke too soon. The blasted thing has come back from the grave.... How can
I kill it?

From: retread on
It looks like I am not alone.... a lot of people seem to be having the same
issue, but no one has posted a solution, not to mention anyone responding to
my post at all (but me :) )

I don't think it matters, but my system is WinXP Pro sp3 and Office 2007
Enterprise. I have been getting all updates auto installed without a hitch
for the past year until this one. Of about 10 updates in this last major
download, all have installed properly except this one. Any help at all would
be appreciated.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-06-19 4:49 a.m., retread wrote:

> It looks like I am not alone.... a lot of people seem to be having the same
> issue, but no one has posted a solution, not to mention anyone responding to
> my post at all (but me :) )
>
> I don't think it matters, but my system is WinXP Pro sp3 and Office 2007
> Enterprise. I have been getting all updates auto installed without a hitch
> for the past year until this one. Of about 10 updates in this last major
> download, all have installed properly except this one. Any help at all would
> be appreciated.

I suggest you start by manually downloading the update from the Microsoft
Download Center. Reboot to safe mode to install the downloaded update. Reboot
back to normal mode, then visit the Microsoft Update web site and see if it
still thinks the update is needed.

Post back if this doesn't help.

Harry.

--