From: Mel on
I need to set up predefined text lists and then link them to certain cells
and limit the entry in that cell to the predefined list - how do I do this???
From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <9EEA8DD6-5CD2-47EC-9B19-B78F9C1FBBD9(a)microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?TWVs?= <Mel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I need to set up predefined text lists and then link them to certain cells
>and limit the entry in that cell to the predefined list - how do I do this???

Data validation is what you want.

From: FSt1 on
hi
data validation.
on the menu bar>data>validation
from the first dropdown select list
from the second dropdown enter the list address.
on the other tabs, you can enter an input message and/or a warning message.

Regards
FSt1

"Mel" wrote:

> I need to set up predefined text lists and then link them to certain cells
> and limit the entry in that cell to the predefined list - how do I do this???

Pages: 1
Prev: NOW() help
Next: vlookup based on IP range