From: I Teach on
I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.

Excel versions 2003 and 2007.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
--
I Teach
From: Gary''s Student on
Put this tiny event macro in the wroksheet code area:

i = Target.Row
Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

From: Gord Dibben on
Start in A1...........Tab your way across to G1

Leave G1 by hitting ENTER key.

You are now at A2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Chip Pearson on
Just on the off chance that there is a SelectionChange event floating
about somewhere, you should turn off events.

Application.EnableEvents = False
>i = Target.Row
>Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True