From: Vincent Oakley on
Apologies to all you experts for the very simple question.

My HP Laserjet has two trays. Plain paper in tray 1. Quality paper
in tray 2 (which goes to client via post)

Clicking a button on my Form runs elementary VBA code.

Docmd.OpenReport "LetterOnTray1" , acViewNormal ' Obviously prints on
Tray 1
Docmd.OpenReport "LetterOnTray2" , acViewNormal ' Obviously prints on
Tray 2

The reports are identical save that on the File Menu, Page Setup is
used to select Tray 1 for the first and Tray 2 for the second. I have
a lot of reports which are printed in this way. They are often
altered and it is becoming cumbersome to make the identical changes on
both versions of the same report.

I seek a method of eliminating use of the second report and printing
the single report first on Tray 1 then on Tray 2 with a single click
on my form. I thought something like Docmd.OpenReport "Letter",
acViewNormal, With DefaultSource = &"tray 1" would work but it does
not.

I have reviewed the MS examples for PrtDevMode which seem bit complex
for me as I only wish to change the DefaultSource. Is there a simple
solution to this problem.
From: Salad on
Vincent Oakley wrote:

> Apologies to all you experts for the very simple question.
>
> My HP Laserjet has two trays. Plain paper in tray 1. Quality paper
> in tray 2 (which goes to client via post)
>
> Clicking a button on my Form runs elementary VBA code.
>
> Docmd.OpenReport "LetterOnTray1" , acViewNormal ' Obviously prints on
> Tray 1
> Docmd.OpenReport "LetterOnTray2" , acViewNormal ' Obviously prints on
> Tray 2
>
> The reports are identical save that on the File Menu, Page Setup is
> used to select Tray 1 for the first and Tray 2 for the second. I have
> a lot of reports which are printed in this way. They are often
> altered and it is becoming cumbersome to make the identical changes on
> both versions of the same report.
>
> I seek a method of eliminating use of the second report and printing
> the single report first on Tray 1 then on Tray 2 with a single click
> on my form. I thought something like Docmd.OpenReport "Letter",
> acViewNormal, With DefaultSource = &"tray 1" would work but it does
> not.
>
> I have reviewed the MS examples for PrtDevMode which seem bit complex
> for me as I only wish to change the DefaultSource. Is there a simple
> solution to this problem.

What version of Access are you using. For A2002+, here's a link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284286