From: Prakash on
From a form I'm invoking a report. The report opens in preview mode.
However, I'd like the user to be able to click the "close" button on
the toolbar to shut the report preview ad go back to the form. The
access toolbars and menus are switched off by me at the start of the
application in my form_load event as follows:

Private Sub Form_Load()
'Call RestoreMissingToolbars

'DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
CurrentDb.Properties("StartupShowDBWindow") = False
'==== Hide the database window ======
'DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
'====================================
CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = False 'Turn Access' Menu Bar
OFF !!

End Sub

Am I switching off these toolbars correcty and how to get the close
button to be visible again ?

Regads,
Prakash.
From: Prakash on
On Apr 14, 11:40 am, Prakash <prakashwadhw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> From a form I'm invoking a report. The report opens in preview mode.
> However, I'd like the user to be able to click the "close" button on
> the toolbar to shut the report preview ad go back to the form. The
> access toolbars and menus are switched off by me at the start of the
> application in my form_load event as follows:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> 'Call RestoreMissingToolbars
>
> 'DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
>     CurrentDb.Properties("StartupShowDBWindow") = False
>     '==== Hide the database window ======
>     'DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
>     'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
>     '====================================
>     CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = False   'Turn Access' Menu Bar
> OFF !!
>
> End Sub
>
> Am I switching off these toolbars correcty and how to get the close
> button to be visible again ?
>
> Regads,
> Prakash.

Sorry - forgot to mention ... using Access 2003.
From: Prakash on
On Apr 14, 11:47 am, Prakash <prakashwadhw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 11:40 am, Prakash <prakashwadhw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > From a form I'm invoking a report. The report opens in preview mode.
> > However, I'd like the user to be able to click the "close" button on
> > the toolbar to shut the report preview ad go back to the form. The
> > access toolbars and menus are switched off by me at the start of the
> > application in my form_load event as follows:
>
> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > 'Call RestoreMissingToolbars
>
> > 'DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
> >     CurrentDb.Properties("StartupShowDBWindow") = False
> >     '==== Hide the database window ======
> >     'DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
> >     'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
> >     '====================================
> >     CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = False   'Turn Access' Menu Bar
> > OFF !!
>
> > End Sub
>
> > Am I switching off these toolbars correcty and how to get the close
> > button to be visible again ?
>
> > Regads,
> > Prakash.
>
> Sorry - forgot to mention ... using Access 2003.

Ok! Managedto figure it out !! The foll thread helped me:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_thread/thread/e722874c97f68243/4e466cd207fcbc04?lnk=gst&q=custom+toolbar#4e466cd207fcbc04

Just one question:
Is my modus operandi in my form_load module correct for hiding the
menubar & toolbars or is there a better method ?

Rgds,
Prakash.