From: Al on
I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity!

If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is
there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other
screen?

Al
From: Bruce Chambers on
Al wrote:
> I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity!
>
> If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is
> there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other
> screen?
>
> Al

By design, as it has always been with every version of Windows,
pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display, including the
Desktop Wallpaper, to the clipboard (iow, into RAM). Pressing
<ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to the clipboard. To view
the screen capture, open a graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press
<CTRL>+V. This will paste the contents of the clipboard (your
screenshot) into the open file, and allow you to view it or save it as a
file for later use.

How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: LD5SZRA on
Al wrote:

>I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity!
>
>If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is
>there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other
>screen?
>
>Al

Try Alt-PrtScrn. This way only the focussed window is captured. Let us
know if this helped.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.

From: RMD on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:58:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=
<Al(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity!
>
>If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is
>there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other
>screen?
>
>Al

Hi Al,

I use Gadwin Printscreen, which lets me select what I want to print.
Neat little utility. It is free too.

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

Ross