From: Coach on
Thanx to all who responded. I knew that it was easy, I just forgot.
Thanks again!
From: HeyBub on
Nil wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2010, "HeyBub" <heybub(a)gmail.com> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> At a command prompt, enter
>>
>> NET START SPOOLER
>
> That ought to work...
>
>> you can make it into a batch file to automatically start if you
>> like
>
> That may work, but it shouldn't be necessary. The Print Spooler
> Service should be set to Automatic in Services.msc. If it is set that
> way, but you keep finding it in a stopped condition after rebooting
> the computer, something is wrong - the service is crashing for some
> reason. The real problem needs to be addressed. The event log should
> provide some clues.

Right. Here's a batch file (PURGE.BAT) to dump the contents of the spool
file.

@echo off
echo.
echo Purging the print queue . . .
net stop Spooler
echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
ping localhost -n 4 > nul
del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
net start Spooler
echo Done!
ping localhost -n 4 > nul

I use this when everything is so hoplessly FUBARed, it's just easier to
start over than to try and cancel 100 jobs in the print queue.

From: VanguardLH on
Coach wrote:

> Thanx to all who responded. I knew that it was easy, I just forgot.
> Thanks again!

FYI: To keep your replies within an existing thread, reply to THAT
thread.