From: isuy on
Has anyone make this printer, Samsung SCX-4623F, work under Slackware?

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/productPreviewRead.do?model_cd=SCX-4623F/XAA&group=office&type=printers-multifunction&subtype=black-and-white-multifunction-printers&subsubtype=

I've installed all the drivers for Linux. It prints from browsers, but
acroread, emacs,... can't print.

I get an error message: "dpkg not found".

Advise me please.

Thank you.

From: notbob on
On 2010-04-08, isuy <isuy(a)socal.rr.com> wrote:

> I get an error message: "dpkg not found".
>
> Advise me please.

Jes a wild crazy guess: install dpkg?

nb
From: isuy on
notbob wrote:

> Jes a wild crazy guess: install dpkg?

Yeah, but is there such thing for Slackware? I thought dpkg is a package
management program for Debian.
From: Helmut Hullen on
Hallo, isuy,

Du meintest am 08.04.10:

>> Jes a wild crazy guess: install dpkg?
>>

> Yeah, but is there such thing for Slackware? I thought dpkg is a
> package management program for Debian.

Which "drivers" have you "installed"? How?

Under slackware the usual way is "installpkg *.tgz" or "installpkg
*.txz".

Viele Gruesse
Helmut

From: isuy on
Helmut Hullen wrote:

> Which "drivers" have you "installed"? How?

I got it from Samsung website.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/printers-multifunction/black-and-white-multifunction-printers/SCX-4623F/XAA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support

All I did was unpacked and clicked 'autorun'. It installed all by itself.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: web design software
Next: KDE4 vs. KDE3