From: PVR on
Recently I did something wrong with my Canon P4200 printer (Two
commands to print the same document before one had started to print).
The result was I have a box on the taskbar which reads in part "Port
LK781614_P1 Register Re..." Apparently I have a print job waiting but
I don't. I have switched off the printer and rebooted the PC but the
box keeps reappearing and the printer will not print.

Anyone know how I can remove or by-pass this so that I can use my
printer again?

Many thanks,

Peter.

From: Elmo on
PVR wrote:
> Recently I did something wrong with my Canon P4200 printer (Two
> commands to print the same document before one had started to print).
> The result was I have a box on the taskbar which reads in part "Port
> LK781614_P1 Register Re..." Apparently I have a print job waiting but
> I don't. I have switched off the printer and rebooted the PC but the
> box keeps reappearing and the printer will not print.
>
> Anyone know how I can remove or by-pass this so that I can use my
> printer again?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Peter.

Create a batch file with the following lines, or just copy/paste the
five pertinent lines into a command line:

@echo off
echo.
echo Purging the print queue . . .
net stop Spooler
echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
ping localhost -n 4 > nul
del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
net start Spooler
echo Done!
ping localhost -n 4 > nul

--