From: Jeff on
hi

asp.net 3.5

when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post,
here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source
code taken from the browser:
id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text
is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;,
&quot;&quot;, true, &quot;Login&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))"
border="0" /></span>

The problem is that the border="0" isn't specified anyplace in the source
code, it's something that the browser generates and when I try to validate
the page I get this error... I have to add that when I copy the code and
paste it into the validator then no errors are found and site validates, but
when I refer with site URL, then it don't validates.. this is a mistery for
me

any suggestions?

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Jan 30, 4:23 pm, "Jeff" <it_consulta...(a)hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote:
> hi
>
> asp.net 3.5
>
> when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post,
> here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source
> code taken from the browser:
> id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text
> is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
> WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;,
> &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;Login&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))"
> border="0" /></span>
>
> The problem is that the border="0" isn't specified anyplace in the source
> code, it's something that the browser generates and when I try to validate
> the page I get this error... I have to add that when I copy the code and
> paste it into the validator then no errors are found and site validates, but
> when I refer with site URL, then it don't validates.. this is a mistery for
> me
>
> any suggestions?

Hi Jeff,

you will find the answer here: