From: joel on

My code should work if the sheet names and chart object name is correct.
Yo need to activate the chartobject like I did below then select the
plot area.

With Sheets("ScratchArea")
.Range("A22:B29").CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, _
Format:=xlBitmap

End With

With Sheets("Figure 21C")

.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
ActiveChart.Paste

End With

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

From: theLuggage on

Your code works, in the sense that it executes without giving any errors,
but I still just get a blank picture box with nothing in it.

It looks to me like the problem is with the copy itself, rather than the
paste because I ran the code up to the point where it does the .CopyPicture,
then stopped it.

Then I switched to Word 2007 and did a Ctrl-V just to see what was placed on
the clipboard, and all I get is an empty picture box.

This is really weird. I wonder if this is a service pack issue? Perhaps I
have (or don't have) some Office update that you do (or don't) have.
From: theLuggage on
I changed the code from:
"ActiveChart.Pictures.Paste.Select"

to:

"ActiveSheet.Pictures.Paste.Select"

And it worked fine.

It looks like the trick is to use "Format:=xlPicture" instead of xlBitmap.

Thanks for the help.
From: "Jie Wang [MSFT]" on
Alright, when I tested the code, I used a chart sheet so my code ended up
with "ActiveChart".

Good to know it's working now.

Have a nice day!

Jie Wang

Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

Engineer within 2 business days is acceptable. Please note that each follow