From: MamaGrubb on

My code works fine on PCs using Windows XP. This problem only occurs on a
Windows 7 PC.
It worked OK when I first started using my Windows 7 PC, for a while it
worked spasmodically – I could get it to work again by doing a compact and
repair on the mdb and rebooting. Now it hasgotten to the place where it does
not work at all. Also, I make sure the code is compiled and saved.
The problem occurs on this line of code:
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False 'error 1004 on this line
Excel has opened, and I get a dialog box entitled “Please enter MSJet OLE DB
Initialization Information” which includes the name of my mdb filled in as my
Data Source.
The mdb is not password protected – so I leave that blank.
But, clicking on either the OK or the Cancel button does no good. The data
I am importing does not appear.
Another problem, which I suspect is related is that I sometimes get a
“Microsoft Office Access has stopped working” message with the only choice
being to Close Access. This sometimes occurs along with the above problem.
Other times it just happens. I do not recall everseeingthis message while
working with Access on my old XP machine.
As a developer of Access databases for small businesses I have been working
with Access, almost daily, since it first came out around 1995 and these are
new problems for me.
I would go back to my XP machine to do the testing and debugging I need to
do on my coding issues, except that I am away from my home base for the next
two weeks and do not have it available.
What do you suggest I do to get the code to work correctly on a Windows 7 PC?

Pages: 1
Prev: field Null but not Null
Next: If check box changes