From: lappis bike on
Hello,

I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program
with g77

somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open'
somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt'
somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to
`for_write_seq_fmt_xmit'
somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq'

Could you help me to fix this?

I have posted more details about my actions on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof

Thank you
From: Simon on
On 30/07/2010 10:20, lappis bike wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program
> with g77
>
> somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open'
> somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt'
> somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to
> `for_write_seq_fmt_xmit'
> somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq'
>
> Could you help me to fix this?
>
> I have posted more details about my actions on
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof
>
> Thank you

The above errors are linker errors not compiler errors. The details to
which you refer show that you seem to be mixing libraries from 3
different compilers together (g77, gfortran and ifort); the answers
given at the above link should help you a lot with diagnosing your problem.

Since you have gfortran on your system why don't you use it to build
your program rather than g77 which is old and unsupported on most modern
systems.

Simon