From: Tony A. on
I developed an ASP application using Access as the database. I'm using a
Gridview control to display the data. When the user selects Edit the
dropdeownlist appears with valid options. When Update is clicked an error
appears indicating the value for one or more columns is missing.

If I use the same application with SQL Server Express as the database, there
is no error, the update happens.

Any suggestion on why SQL Server Express works and Access does not? I use
the Access Provider with the Access database and SQLConnection with SQL
Server Express.

--
Tony
From: Bob Butler on

"Tony A." <TonyA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I developed an ASP application using Access as the database. I'm using a
> Gridview control to display the data. When the user selects Edit the
> dropdeownlist appears with valid options. When Update is clicked an error
> appears indicating the value for one or more columns is missing.
>
> If I use the same application with SQL Server Express as the database,
> there
> is no error, the update happens.
>
> Any suggestion on why SQL Server Express works and Access does not? I use
> the Access Provider with the Access database and SQLConnection with SQL
> Server Express.

Sounds like maybe the SQL table is configured to allow null values in one or
more fields and the access table is not.

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Tony A." <TonyA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Any suggestion on why SQL Server Express works and Access does not? I use
> the Access Provider with the Access database and SQLConnection with SQL
> Server Express.

"SqlConnection"? Are you sure this is a VB6 question?

From: Bob Butler on

"Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in message
> "Tony A." <TonyA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> Any suggestion on why SQL Server Express works and Access does not? I
>> use
>> the Access Provider with the Access database and SQLConnection with SQL
>> Server Express.
>
> "SqlConnection"? Are you sure this is a VB6 question?

It starts off saying it's an ASP application; the comment about displaying
data in a GridView sounded to me like maybe it's actually ASP.Net but I was
figuring that the problem really wasn't language-related anyway. It
probably should be reposted in either an ASP group or a dotnet group for
best results.

It's bad enough that people use VB to refer to B#. If they start calling
ASP.Net just ASP it'll add even more confusion.

From: Ralph on

"Bob Butler" <noway(a)nospam.ever> wrote in message

> It's bad enough that people use VB to refer to B#. If they start calling
> ASP.Net just ASP it'll add even more confusion.

Add ADO.Net and ADO to the pile.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Array Problem