From: Bob F on
Does anyone know how to set up a "LinkSnooper" kernel when the
application path has a space as part of the pathname?

I tried to precede the space with a backslash, but no luck. Here is
the command I am trying to get working:

-LinkMode Launch -LinkName "java -cp /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica
\ 7.0.1.app/SystemFiles/Links/JLink/JLink.jar
com.wolfram.jlink.util.LinkSnooper -noinit -kernelname '/Applications/
Wolfram/Mathematica\ 7.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -mathlink'"

If your're not familiar with LinkSnooper see the Mathematica
explanation at

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/JLink/ref/java/com/wolfram/jlink/util/LinkSnooper.html

Thanks...

-Bob

From: Cristobal Navarro on
On Aug 12, 5:29 am, Bob F <deepyog...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to set up a "LinkSnooper" kernel when the
> application path has a space as part of the pathname?
>
> I tried to precede the space with a backslash, but no luck. Here is
> the command I am trying to get working:
>
> -LinkMode Launch -LinkName "java -cp /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica
> \ 7.0.1.app/SystemFiles/Links/JLink/JLink.jar
> com.wolfram.jlink.util.LinkSnooper -noinit -kernelname '/Applications/
> Wolfram/Mathematica\ 7.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -mathlink'"
>
> If your're not familiar with LinkSnooper see the Mathematica
> explanation at
>
> http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/JLink/ref/java/com/wolfram/j...
>
> Thanks...
>
> -Bob

Bob,
from what i know, on Unix systems the space is done this way (without
quotes) "\ "
but i see you did it that way.

test this from terminal if ti works or not:
cd /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica\ 7.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/