From: Alexis on
Hi,

I need a bit of help. I'm trying to use QTAda on a Windows 7 with GNAt
GPL 2009, but there seems to be a problem linking with QTCore4.dll, I
get a message saying:

The procedure entry point _Z11qt_assert_xPKcS0_i could not be located
in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll

I'm using GNAT GPL 2009 and QTada 3.0. I have installed the QT 4.6.0
software package for VS2008, I have set the c:\Qt\4.6.0\bin path as
the first path, but it doesn't work with QTAda programs, though all
VS2008 C++ programs work fine.

I have then downloaded two binary QTcore4.dll and QTGui4.dll version
4.5.2 I found somewhere in the web and put them in the path instead of
QT 4.6.0, then the QTAda programs work.

I have then downloaded the source code for QT 4.5.1 and compiled it
and put that in the path as I thought that maybe the problem was that
QT 4.6.0 was not supported, now the QTAda programs don't work.

For some strange reason the QTAda programs I compile work fine with
the binary QTcore4.dll ver. 4.5.2, but not with the original 4.6.0 nor
my own compiled 4.5.1.

Does any of this make sense to you?

Many thanks and best regards.
Alexis.
From: Vadim Godunko on
On Jan 6, 12:04 am, Alexis <jose_alexis_paez_thurg...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm using GNAT GPL 2009 and QTada 3.0. I have installed the QT 4.6.0
> software package for VS2008, I have set the c:\Qt\4.6.0\bin path as
> the first path, but it doesn't work with QTAda programs, though all
> VS2008 C++ programs work fine.

QtAda can't be used with MSVC for technical reasons. You need to use
prebuild Qt for MinGW port of build Qt by hands using GCC 4.4 compiler
or G++ compiler from GNAT GPL 2009. You also can use prebuild QtAda
3.1 snapshot for Qt 4.6.0/MinGW.
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 6 jan, 13:17, Vadim Godunko <vgodu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> QtAda can't be used with MSVC for technical reasons.
What are these reasons please ? (if it does not requires too much to
say).
I'm not using Qt, I just wanted to know
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 06:15:59 -0800 (PST), Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne) wrote:

> On 6 jan, 13:17, Vadim Godunko <vgodu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> QtAda can't be used with MSVC for technical reasons.
> What are these reasons please ? (if it does not requires too much to
> say).

Whatever they are, that can be fixed, but you certainly wouldn't enjoy the
horrific manifest stuff required in order to link to the MSVC run-time.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Alexis on
On 6 ene, 13:17, Vadim Godunko <vgodu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 12:04 am, Alexis <jose_alexis_paez_thurg...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm using GNAT GPL 2009 and QTada 3.0. I have installed the QT 4.6.0
> > software package for VS2008, I have set the c:\Qt\4.6.0\bin path as
> > the first path, but it doesn't work with QTAda programs, though all
> > VS2008 C++ programs work fine.
>
> QtAda can't be used with MSVC for technical reasons. You need to use
> prebuild Qt for MinGW port of build Qt by hands using GCC 4.4 compiler
> or G++ compiler from GNAT GPL 2009. You also can use prebuild QtAda
> 3.1 snapshot for Qt 4.6.0/MinGW.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'm quite new to QT so I'm not familiar with
some things. Do you mean that QtAda doesn't work with the Qt Windows
libraries for MSVC? Only MinGW? What's the reason for this?

Many thanks and best regards!
Alexis.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3