From: Troels on
Francesco Montorsi wrote:
> You need to get access to the wxProtocol associated with the wxURL and
> use SetTimeout with a reasonable value.

Or perhaps call SetFlags(wxSOCKET_NOWAIT)?
(Bug #1612106)

Regards
From: Piotr Starczewski on
Using debugger I have found out that wxURL::m_error = wxURL_NOERR before
I'm calling GetInputStream() and it's changing the state to
wxURL_PROTOERR after GetInputStream(). What I don't understand is why do
I get error on negotiation and how should I fix it? I'm doing everything
as should be done according to manual.

Peter

chris elliott wrote:
> how about ...
>
> wxURL url(myURL);
> if (url.GetError() != wxURL_NOERR)
> {
> return NULL ;
> }
> wxInputStream * pInput = url.GetInputStream() ;
>
> what is the URL?
>
> chris
> Piotr Starczewski wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem with getting input stream from http site. I have
>> constructed wxURL, but it seams to hang on wxURL::GetInputStream().
>> Does anyone else have such problem? If so is there any workaround for
>> it?
>> Here is a sample code that I'm using:
>>
>> wxURL url(__url);
>> if (url.IsOk())
>> {
>> wxInputStream* _in_stream;
>> _is_stream = url.GetInputStream(); // <-- Hangs here and
>> waits for something. :(
>> }
>>

>> Using:
>> wx280 CVS
>> WinXP sp2
>> Code::Blocks
>> GCC
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Piotr Starczewski on
Hi again,

I have managed to solve my problem. It seams that wxURL is working
correctly only from the second thread. Now as soon as I move my code
from second thread to main one it just seams to not be able to get
correct stream. It's not a big problem to me, but I didn't know that
wxURL requires separate thread to work correctly. Any ideas why?

Regards,
Peter

From: Frode Gill on
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:31:47 +0100, Piotr Starczewski <pstarczewski(a)o2.pl>
wrote:

> I have managed to solve my problem. It seams that wxURL is working
> correctly only from the second thread. Now as soon as I move my code
> from second thread to main one it just seams to not be able to get
> correct stream.

I experienced something similiar (socket streams and multithreading).
Solved it by calling wxSocketBase::Initialize in wxApp::OnInit. I saw this
documented somewhere, but maybe only as a comment in the source?

--
Frode Gill
From: Piotr Starczewski on
Thanks, but I know about that and it doesn't make any difference if I
will initialize socket in wxApp or not. Main thread is still not able to
use wxURL while secondary thread works fine.

Regards,
Peter