From: jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news on

Hi,

I have installed the "Sql*Plus" Oracle Client component. I can connect
right to the server with "sqlplus" command, but when I start tora it
show the message below:

No available connection provider, plugins probably missing.

I have exported the next variables:

[jdiaz(a)llamas ~]$ env|grep oracle
TNS_ADMIN=/home/oracle/OraHome1/network/admin
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/OraHome1

Any hint ?

Regards,
Jose Luis.

From: Laurenz Albe on
jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news(a)yahoo.es wrote:
> I have installed the "Sql*Plus" Oracle Client component. I can connect
> right to the server with "sqlplus" command, but when I start tora it
> show the message below:
>
> No available connection provider, plugins probably missing.

Now this is probably a good question for one of the
comp.databases.oracle.* newsgroups

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
From: jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news on

I have the answer: Fedora Core binaries do not include the
Oracle plugin. I must download de Tora sources and compile them.

Regards,
Jose Luis.