From: Tobias Burnus on
Chris Hulbert wrote:
> I seem to recall having issues accessing "data" exported by DLLs. I
> have not used the GNU compilers on mingw for a while, but for other
> fortran compilers on Windows, I think have had to use the "!DEC$
> ATTRIBUTES DLLIMPORT" for the common block to get it to use the data
> in the DLL and not its own.

If this is the case, one could try:

!GCC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLIMPORT :: common_name

cf.
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gfortran/GNU-Fortran-Compiler-Directives.html

Note: This is a new GCC 4.5 feature (cf.
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.5/changes.html ). I stress this because
previous GCC Fortran versions simply ignore this line as comment. (I
think DLLIMPORT/DLLEXPORT has not yet been tested for COMMON blocks -
though it looks (from the gfortran source code) as if should work.)

Tobias,
who has not compiled software on/for Windows for many years