From: Trewa on
I have a total of 4 updates that are ready to be installed on my computer,
when I turn off the computer it says they are installing, but the computer
stays on all night saying installing 1 of 4 updates but they are not
installing and it won't do anything else. If I manually turn the computer
off and restart, it won't let me log onto the internet and it also won't let
me log onto my administators account saying the password is wrong. Does
anyone have any ideas? I have done a system restore from safe mode and then
I am able to get into the internet but only until I try to turn off and it
tries to install those updates again. It's a viscous cycle really. my
system specs are below.

Operating System Vista Home Premium
Service Pack level 2
Architecture 64-bit
Which updates are they:
1.Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB982480)
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server
2008 SP2 Update x86 (KB982525)
3. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows Vista x86 (KB982670)
4. Update for Windows Vista (KB982519)

What antivirus application (Manufacturer/Version) do you use? CA Security
Center 2010
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
It's a viscous cycle really.

When's the last time you changed the oil?

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> It's a viscous cycle really.
>
> When's the last time you changed the oil?

<lol/> (Just when I was thinking about dropping this NG.)

---

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Robert Aldwinckle wrote:
>>> It's a viscous cycle really.
>>
>> When's the last time you changed the oil?
>
> <lol/> (Just when I was thinking about dropping this NG.)

Don't worry: Sinofsky's gonna do it for you on Thursday, July 1st!
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/4cdb603bdcabac96